Thursday, April 21, 2011

I made a date to walk! And that date is April 30th!




My fantabulous cousin, John, started this team in Georgia for his sister, and now it's coming to NYC; Team Maribel! In honor of my beautiful, strong, and spirited cousin Maribel. An MS diagnosis was not, is not, and will NEVER be enough to hold this girl back! She is beautiful, fearless, and such an inspiration. While she was told she would not be able to walk within a year, she is STILL driving! When she went for physical therapy, she requested to be helped maintain her sexy stiletto status! I can count on one hand how many times she has declined an invite, always making an effort to be where she is wanted.




We share a very funny memory...involving a daring "jump" off a Rye Playland Carousel, and now I am letting my affection for her "push" me once again, but this time no scraped knees and this time for a wonderful cause...




So April 30th I will be walking in the NYC Walk for MS at Southstreet Seaport. My sincerest hope is that I find myself surrounded by friends and family, but my request is for presence, prayers, and donations to Team Maribel. Please help us in any way you can, even with a simple prayer that the weather stays warm and sunshine brightens our path.

If you'd like to make a monetary donation, please donate to/in honor of Team Maribel of the Southern NYC Chapter.




No comments:

Post a Comment